Saturday, February 25, 2012

Little Miss Social

Margarita is getting better at this adoption event business! She always starts off a little nervous when we get into the car, but after a few minutes she has a goofy smile on her face and is enjoying the car ride to our Petsmart destination.


We arrive in the parking lot and she looks at me knowingly as if to say "Hey! We just came to one of these scary things last week! Why aren't we at home snuggling?!" But like a trooper, she jumps out of the car and gives me a nervous look as we walk towards the chaos and the crowds. After about an hour of walking around her tail will start to wag and she'll bounce along in a happy trot as I offer her some of her favorite treats. She'll even take them from strangers and children as long as they approach her nicely.


At the end of the events this weekend, no one has scooped up our little Margarita, but that's just fine with me. I have another week of snuggling and puppy kisses ahead of me. Besides, Margarita worked very hard being brave and I think she needs some extra nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment