Friday, February 17, 2012

Our First Night with Margarita

I picked up little Margarita from one of our Petsmart adoption events tonight. She was, as she always is at events, shy and nervous. Her little tongue was sticking out and her tail was tucked as she stayed low to the ground. I carefully picked her up and we hopped into the car and headed home. As soon as we got home we embarked on a little pack walk with my three dogs. Margarita quickly fell right in line with the others and walked along. She loves other dogs and you can see her light up when she is around them. Once we got inside she headed straight for the giant dog bed and got comfy.

After a couple hours it was dinner time! Let me tell you, Margarita LOVES food! She gobbled up her supper and decided she liked it here after all. In the course of the evening, we have discovered that this treat enthusiast loves duck treats, chicken jerky, beefy treats... well... She LOVES treats! She also found the antlers and started to chew away. I'm told she loves toys so I'm excited to see her pick out her favorites over the next few days as she gets more comfortable.



Margarita is already showing her love bug side, which is great for such a shy baby. I'll talk to her in a silly baby voice and her tail will start to wag happily as she follows me around the house. She surprised me tonight by jumping right up next to me on the couch and giving me sweet little face kisses. What a little love she has turned out to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment